Tuesday, February 22, 2011

back in 'nam.

one of my favorite things about being a woman is that throughout a single day i probably feel every (or close to every) emotion there is. for reals. and i love it.

well tonight the reigning emotion is nostalgia, with my summer spent in vietnam taking over most of my thoughts. so i went on a little trip back to asia via my journal and the hundreds of photos i have from that summer (thankfully i traveled with a talented photographer).
i've been laughing. i've been sobbing. i'm a mess,
but my heart is so full right now.



1. the sweetest littles at the orphanage for disabled children in saigon.
2. the lanterns of hoi an.
3. our sunrise swims in da nang.
4. lychee everywhere.
5. some of my polaroids from the trip.
(little mowgli, playing frogger on my way to work, the best slide i've ever seen, and my favorite english class.)

15 comments:

Gabriella said...

These are all such beautiful pictures! Precious memories!

Katie in Colors said...

such beautiful photos!

and now i'm craving lychee =)

Unknown said...

what an incredible experience. gorgeous pictures.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about India & the Philippines. I feel like crying every time I look at the pictures...but the good kind of crying, right? these are wonderful photos.

Taylor said...

oh, nostalgia is potent. your photos are awesome.

Unknown said...

just came across your blog! you two are so adorable! what a fabulous post :) i love it! what a great experience!

Taylor said...

oh, i've heard great things about campus by the sea! we have another camp here in the midwest, so i've never been to CBTS. how cool that you got an inside look at who we are :) 18 people became believers because of our conference this past weekend!

sarah said...

wow, that sounds like an amazing experience! love this post

defining amy said...

wow. these photos are so beautiful. isn't amazing how we let all of our walls come down when we are out of the country? and out of our element? i love feeling every emotion when i feel vulnerable. those experiences mean the very most to me. i TOTALLY get the breakdown.

vintch said...

oh my goodness. so happy to find and follow your blog. i love all these pictures, especially that morning swim one. i can only imagine the peace you felt here. i can see why you miss it--it's breathtaking.

Karina Pacheco said...

Oh such gorgeous pictures! Feel better sweet girl! Thank you leaving the sweet comment : we love our little Manhattan :)

I am now following you :)

http://peacelovecupcakeshappiness.blogspot.com/

Veronica said...

The pics are really wonderful!!
Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!

www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

My best friend went to Vietnam as part of Semester at Sea. She always tells the most amazing stories about the food, people, and culture. I'd love to get there someday.

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

i LOVE this post! Did you go over there for a mission trip? This May, I am traveling to Romania to work in an orphanage and hospital. I am so excited. I would love to hear more about your trip!

paddle to shore said...

i'm hooked. definitely following! I love everything about you.