Friday, April 8, 2011

home, never to be the same again.

my favorite work trip to date.

it's good to be home (and clean) but so much of me is still in mexico.
transitioning back into "normal" life is never easy for me, and neither is explaining the ways that i've changed on trips to those who weren't there transforming along with me. every trip i take really does change me and this time around was no exception. i'm so in love with the life i've been given and the people who have been placed in my path.

students that make me laugh harder than ever. the cutest little ninos in the world. witnessing miracles. lots of prayer. lots of fish tacos. a beautiful house built in four days. mexican ice cream. no showers. off-roading in the back of pickup trucks on sand dunes. whales off the shore. bonfires and fireworks. sleeping on the beach. the encouragement that i needed. karaoke and a dance party. the countryside of baja. not taking enough pictures. tears for my seniors. my students and our volunteers feeling so much like family, and so much love.


1. border crossing.
2. my diet for the past six days.
3. best shopping place.
4. the sweetest girl in the world.
5. the amazing sand dunes.
6. my students cracking me up.

2 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Sounds like an exciting trip!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Kids are just so adorable aren't they? A friend of mine asked me to recommend which orphanage she could go to. She loves kids and wanted to just help out a bit. Her bag was filled with books and toys. She went there prepared to teach them to read and much to her surprise, the kids ended up teaching her something. My friend told me the little kids taught her how to pray the rosary. Anyhow, I'm glad you had a wonderful trip full of love and lessons. =)